The Södertörn University Library is a public library, open to everyone. To borrow books you will need a library card. Students and staff at Södertörn University use their Sh-card. All other visitors are welcome to collect a library card from the Information desk in the library. You will need to show valid identification.
Loan regulations, in short
- You must be 16 or over to borrow from the library
- Library cards are issued on presentation of valid identification
- You are responsible for all loans made with your Sh-card/library card
- You are responsible for making a note of the loan period
- Fines are payable for the late return of borrowed materials
- You are responsible for replacing all lost and damaged materials
- An invoice for the cost of the requested materials is sent following e-mail reminders. An administration charge of 200 sek is still payable even if materials are returned after the invoice has been sent.
- If your fines (fines for late returns and unpaid invoices) is 100 sek or more your card will be blocked, preventing you from borrowing from the library
- If you lose your library card, contact the library to have it blocked
- Changes of name, address and e-mail can be made by in the library catalogue
- You have the right to a receipt both when borrowing and returning materials
Loan periods and fines for overdue material in the library
Day-loans must be returned before closing time the same day.
If you are late returning the day loan books the fine is:
- From closing time until one hour after opening the following day: 100 sek.
- Thereafter, the fine is 20 sek/hour.
If you are late returning the following materials the fine is 20 sek /hour.
- Computer mice
- Laptop computers
- Nordea bank-login calculators
- Photocopying card
One week loan:
If you are late returning the following materials the fine is 10 sek /day.
- Course literature
2 weeks loan:
If you are late returning the following materials the fine is 50 sek /day.
- 108 computers